The Health at Any Size Web Ring and Health at Every Size Web Ring were active until 2016. The URLs below are no longer active.
What is a web ring? It is a group of websites on a similar theme or topic.
Each site in the ring has a web ring identifier on the relevant page(s), which
allows visitors to click from one site to the next in order to efficiently
search a particular topic.
Websites in the "Health at Any
and "Health at Every Size" web rings have information about living a good life regardless of weight or
size. They explore alternatives to traditional diet and weight loss
- If you would like your site to be considered for
membership in the ring, please determine whether it has the following features:
- Primarily educational and offers health
information/resources for large or fat
- We particularly encourage websites by professionals (healthcare providers,
therapists, psychologists, dieticians, fitness professionals, academic
researchers) who are working to change the health services offered fat people
away from a focus on weight loss
- We also encourage websites by activists and organizations trying to change
the cultural and legal oppression of fat people.
will not admit sites that:
- Promote weight loss as an end in itself
- Are primarily commercial or promoting a
service without providing educational information
- Are designed to be explicit sex entertainment sites (though educational
material about fat people and sexuality is welcome if that is part of your
otherwise educational site)
- Are primarily social sites or sites for personal ads
- Are primarily autobiographical sites.
- Placement of the web ring identification: We ask that each site in the ring place
the "HTML fragment" in a convenient location for visitors to both find
the relevant info on your site, and be able to find the "Health at Any
Size" graphic in order to easily click to the next site.
- If your site has information that is
not related to "Health at Any Size," please list your site URL (below)
as the page which does have the relevant information (rather than your home
page), and plan to place your HTML fragment (the "Health at Any Size"
identifier) on that page.
- If your site is broadly relevant to
"Health at Any Size," you should list your home page as your site URL,
and place the HTML fragment either on your home page or else in the bottom
border of all your pages, so visitors can find it easily.
- Please do not relegate the
"Health at Any Size" identifier to a "links" page where
visitors who arrive at your homepage can't find it easily as they are traveling
through the ring.
If your site meets the criteria, and
you agree to these placement requests, submit your site to the
The Ringmaster will contact you about the next steps for actually joining the
Submit site to Health at Any Size:
Submit site to Health at Every Size: